Friday, October 9, 2009

eBay Blog Post: July 3, 2006

(eBay blogs are shutting down. I am transferring some of my posts to here)

Grandma and my Twins SKYDIVING event

JULY 2nd, 2006 ...........

5:00 AM, my 85 year Old Grandmother that I look after fell out of bed.
Poor thing did not seem hurt, I said WHAT HAPPENED? She said" I guess I thought I would try skydiving like the girls." ..
Had to call 911 to get her checked out just incase. Spent most of the day at the emergency room. MEANWHILE, ......... It was my girls 20th Birthday ..
I phoned them as they were getting ready for the BIG SKY DIVING EVENT! .......... Told them to CALL me the second they were on the ground and OK ..
They would NOT let me go watch because they were going with a group of friends and did NOT want there video taping MOM following them around I guess .. lol

We made it home from the hospital about 3:00pm. Grandma had nothing broke. THANK GOD! Just sore. My aunt and I agreed we would have to put the bed rail on the side of her bed.
I told her if she was a GOOD GIRL I would make her some pretty bumper pads with pansies on them! lol

Never heard from my girls. I waited and worried. TRUSTING in the Lord to keep them safe! FINALLY, Lindsey called me at 5:00 PM and she was not sounding too happy. But she assured me her and her sister were
safe and sound on the ground! Lindsey did not talk very long. She only had enough time to tell me she threw up all the sky! And Laura threw up all over the ground once she landed!

The pilot did a lot of loops in the sky before the jump too! And Laura did lots of spins while falling and did not land on the designated area. NOW, I have to wait for the video!
Lindsey said she will throw her video away .. lol They both paid for videos to have the event taped! I hope to make 10 grand off of Lindsey's video! haha
We will see, I MAY sell them on eBay! ((wink,wink))


........................................................ comments

LOL see told you it would go ok! Hope grams and the girls are feeling better soon heh!

.........................................................

Yay! I'm so happy to hear they were ok, minus the throwing up bit. =D Good to hear your grandmother was too!.

.....................................

How fun! (for them, not for you!) Is there EVER a time that we stop worrying about our kids? It'll never happen. Glad they had fun and all your daughter lost were her cookies! Reminds me of the video of the skydiving grandma who loses her teeth in mid-air. Has anybody ever emailed it to you? I gotta search it out on youtube while I'm thinking about it. Maybe you should find it just to make your daughter feel a bit better about her situation. Lindsey/Laura - this is you at 20. Now you you are at 80! HA HA! PS - I'm a twin also.

....................................................

PSS - I really should read my posts before I actually post. That DID not make sense! Glad grandma's ok also!

............................................
OK Danna - here it is:

Worse things can happen that upchucking on your way down!!

.........................................

I can see this is where my daughter will be at 20! Today we took her to the beach for the first time, and she thought it was a giant bath tub or something. She started having a fit because I wouldn't let go of her hand and she was just wanted to keep walking right out into the ocean. No fear. She's only 18 months! I can just imagine when she tells me she's going sky diving!

......................................................

Our 2 1/2 year old granddaughter is like that also. Did you know that the Dr's do a test now to determine reactions & fear? I did not know this. Anyway, she ended up on the no/fear side. Which is not good for moms and grandmas. I keep a pin in the door leading out to the pool. Hope to teach her to swim this summer - she's on her way.

.........................................................

LOL My twin were SHY little things. They would cry if you said HELLO to them at the grocery store! So its a tough call! They were full of fear as little one's. Now there are full of adventure! I also have a son! He will be 18 at the end of the Month! He went to live with his dad in Colorado! He loves the snow and snowboarding! Mountain climbing and all that good stuff!
I wish I would of had more kids!! Send some my way Brandi if you have any extras!!! lol

..............................................................

Danna, I can send Joey down to you! He liked Florida when we were there last year. He won't be 18 until December so you can boss him around all you want! lol I actually tell him that he can't leave home until he's at least 21, that's my legal age for my children! So, you can have him until he's 21...He's a great kid too! He would do anything for ya! He's about 6'2" and strong. lol.... I would send Angie, but she talks more then I do, and you wouldn't get much done or much rest! For a child of only 5 she has a BIG vocabulary! And the energy these kids have today! WOW! At dinner, she eats a little bit, then gets up and runs, comes back for another bite, then runs some more. She only does this at home though. She knows how to act in public...LMBO

No comments: