New seller protections help ensure your performance record is an accurate reflection of your great service:
- New automatic 5-star Detailed Seller Rating (DSR) for Communication protects sellers from getting low DSRs when there was no communication at all. Starting in April, you'll get an automatic 5-star Communication DSR when you specify same-day or 1-day handling, upload tracking information by the end of the next business day, and no communication was needed between you and the buyer. Of course, friendly, prompt and informative communication is always important, so on transactions where buyer and seller communications do occur, the Communication DSR will be rated by the buyer.
- Feedback left for a transaction where the buyer had an unpaid item recorded will be automatically removed.
- Earlier this year, eBay started displaying an automatic message on the View Item page to buyers outside the US regarding customs-related delays and customs duties. Because of this, any Feedback from international buyers that only references customs issues will qualify for Feedback removal.
- Manage your business policies from one location. Opt in to a new way to create and manage custom payment, shipping, and return policies and apply them to listings quickly and easily.
- Return options retired: When sellers accept returns, buyers expect a reasonable timeframe and the ability to get their money back. As of May 2, the 3-day and 7-day and "Merchandise credit" and "Exchange" options will be retired for new listings and relistings. You'll still be able to include a restocking fee and specify specific conditions for accepting returns (new DVDs need to remain shrink-wrapped, for example). And as always, you can specify "No returns accepted", but do note that offering a good return policy can help your sales. Learn how to create return policies that work for both you and your buyers.
- USPS® First-Class Package service reclassified from Expedited to Standard. Take advantage of FREE Delivery Confirmation™, included with this service, while setting the right delivery expectations for your buyers.
- A message on the View Item page alerts buyers to the possibility of extended delivery time for items with longer than 3-day handling.
- FREE pictures for all: Starting July 2, all pictures will be free on eBay, up to the maximum of 12 per listing. Pictures are currently free only with an eBay Stores subscription.
- New eBay Photo Center. The NEW eBay Photo Center offers tips on how to snap even better pictures. The more quality pictures you include in your listings, the easier it is for buyers to find and buy your items!
Note: When taking pictures, be sure that they adhere to our new picture requirements, outlined below.
- New requirements for pictures. Starting this fall, all new listings and relistings will be required to have at least one picture, and all photos must be at least 500 pixels on the longest side and cannot have added borders or text (watermarks okay).
- Best Match using more information to get your listings in front of the right buyers. eBay's default sort order will begin looking at more information—including information in your item description—to evaluate items for ranking. Item Specifics, product codes like UPCs and ISBNs, brand, part numbers, and other descriptors will be increasingly important.
- Electronics: Listing with the eBay catalog will be expanded to more categories, including DVD & Blu-ray Players, Home Theater Receivers, Home Speakers & Subwoofers, Home Theater Systems, and Home Theater Projectors. Starting April 2, you'll want to list items in these categories with the expanded catalog, whenever there's a product match.
- Motors: Some listing features will be retired—Border, Highlight, Featured Plus!, and Listing Icon in Parts & Accessories and Motors Home Page Featured in Motors Vehicles.
- eBay Top-rated seller program will spotlight more great sellers—and that could include you.
Starting in June, the eBay Top-rated seller program will be updated to highlight sellers of all sizes who provide great service, upload tracking to eBay on 90% of their US transactions within their stated handling time, specify a 1-day handling time, and offer a 14-day or longer return policy with a money-back option. Find out how you can qualify for Top-rated seller status, discounts, and other special benefits.
- Clothing, Shoes & Accessories
- Computers & Networking
- Consumer Electronics
- eBay Motors
- Home & Garden
- Jewelry & Watches (Category adjustments in Watches only)
As always, thank you for selling on eBay.