Sunday, October 11, 2009

Savings Bonds: eBay Blog Post October 15, 2006

Savings Bonds for the Future





Once upon a time, about 20 years ago ........... lol
just messin ..............

Just wanted to share a tip that has worked for me!

........................................................................

Whenever you have $25.00 that you can spare from your eBay sales,
Go to the Bank and BUY A BOND!





You can turn that 25 bucks into 50 bucks in about 5 years from now!

Sounds like a Loooong time away BUT
It will be here before you know it!

Think about it ............... High School, WHERE did it go?
POOF passed you by ..............
..............................................................


I am terrible when It comes to saving money and
since I am SELF-EMPLOYED

Thanks to eBay!
I have been buying Savings Bonds!


I have them all stashed away for what will be MY Retirement Day!
Or could be My SPECIAL Treat Day!
Who knows!
BUT the point is,
they are there and available for me when I do need them.


Now...... many people will say:

How you can make so much more on this investment or

that CD or IRA or Savings plan" ........ BUT

This kind of plan is for those that are LIKE ME
and can NOT stash the cash and
LEAVE IT ALONE!

Nope, I am a softy, if the kids need something and
I have a few bucks, WELL, I will make

sure they GET IT!
I very RARE buy myself anything because I have
KIDS that need "STUFF".


...............................................

Another example!
When my twins were born and My son was born too (back in the day) lol
I told everyone DO NOT buy JUNK , buy them savings Bonds!
And WOW it paid off!

At the Driving age of 16, they EACH bought a car with their Bond Money!
(used cars, not new)

I had people buy them bonds for 1st birthdays all through the years instead of
TOYS and JUNK!

...................................................

SO, if you are like me and can not
STASH THE CASH

then buying US SAVINGS BONDS will work for you too!

Here is the LINK to read more about it
DIRECT from the site:

United States DEPARTMENT of TREASURY

No comments: