Posted Oct-13-06 12:09:53 PDTWhat does it mean you ask?
A person suffering from Paraskevidekatriaphobia ........
Is to FEAR ,
Friday the 13th!
Friday was also said to be a particularly unlucky day on which to undertake anything that represented a beginning or the start of a new venture, thus we find references to all of the following activities as endeavors best avoided on Fridays:
- Needle-working: "I knew an old lady who, if she had nearly completed a piece of needlework on a Thursday, would put it aside unfinished, and set a few stitches in her next undertaking, that she might not be obliged either to begin the new task on Friday or to remain idle for a day." (1883)
- Harvesting: "My father once decided to start harvest on a Friday, and men went out on the Thursday evening, and, unpaid, cut along one side of the first field with their scythes, in order to dodge the malign fates which a Friday start would begin." (1933)
- Laying the keel of, or launching, a ship: "Fisherman would have great misgivings about laying the keel of a new boat on Friday, as well as launching one on that day." (1885)
- Beginning a sea voyage: "Sailors are many of them superstitious . . . A voyage begun [on a Friday] is sure to be an unfortunate one." (1823)
- Beginning a journey: "I knew another poor woman, who . . . made it a rule never to . . . set out on a journey on a Friday." (1804)
- Giving birth: "A child born on a Friday is doomed to misfortune." (1846)
- Getting married: "As to Friday, a couple married on that day are doomed to a cat-and-dog life." (1879)
- Recovering from illness: "If you have been ill, don't get up for the first time on a Friday." (1923)
- Hearing news: "If you hear anything new on a Friday, it gives you another wrinkle on your face, and adds a year to your age." (1883)
- Moving: "Don't move on a Friday, or you won't stay there very long." (1982)
- Starting a new job: "Servants who go into their situations on Friday, never go to stay." (1923)
FOR ME, the 13th is LUCKY!
I was born on May 13th.
I turned 16 on Friday the 13th AND still passed and got
My drivers license for car AND motorcycle!
Even though it was Friday the 13th!
This day has only meant a VERY LUCKY DAY TO ME!
So, ENJOY and
HAPPY FRIDAY The 13th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!