Friday, October 9, 2009

eBay Blog Post: July 1, 2006

(copied from my post at eBay Blogs)

Tears at the Dollar Store

GOOD MORNING!

EARLY this AM, we had to do a MYSTERY SHOPPER Breakfast!
On our way back I went into the dollar store to get the twins a Birthday card for tomorrow!

While standing in line, this elderly lady was short 20cents on her tab. The guy in front of me, a young fellow, about 25 I am guessing, Hands the cashier a $10.00 bill saying, "HERE, take it out of this."

The cashier was like, ITS ONLY 20 Cents........ He said, "I will pay for all her items"!
Her tab was a bit over 8 bucks! This guy was so sweet, we were all kind of in shock. I had chills run up and down my arms. NO KIDDING. And no clue what or how , but I burst into tears! I felt like an idiot but I had no control! It was the most beautiful thing I have seen in a long time!
THE GIFT OF LOVE!

..................................................... comments ...............................

Reminds me of the song...... Artist: Walker Clay
Lyrics for Song: The Chain Of Love
Lyrics for Album: Live, Laugh, Love
He was driving home one evening,
In his beat up Pontiac
When an old lady flagged him down,
Her Mercedes had a flat
He could see that she was frightened,
Standing out there in the snow
'Til he said I'm here to help you ma'am,
By the way my name is Joe

She said I'm from St. Louis,
And I'm only passing through
I must have seen a hundred cars go by,
This is awful nice of you
When he changed the tire,
And closed her trunk
And was about to drive away,
She said how much do I owe you
Here's what he had to say

You don't owe me a thing, I've been there too
Someone once helped me out,
Just the way I'm helping you
If you really want to pay me back,
Here's what you do
Don't let the chain of love end with you

Well a few miles down the road,
The lady saw a small cafe
She went in to grab a bite to eat,
And then be on her way
But she couldn't help but notice,
How the waitress smiled so sweet
And how she must've been eight months along,
And dead on her feet

And though she didn't know her story,
And she probably never will
When the waitress went to get her change,
From a hundred dollar bill
The lady slipped right out the door,
And on a napkin left a note
There were tears in the waitress's eyes,
When she read what she wrote

You don't owe me a thing,
I've been there too
Someone once helped me out,
Just the way I'm helping you
If you really want to pay me back,
Here's what you do
Don't let the chain of love end with you

That night when she got home from work,
The waitress climbed into bed
She was thinkin' about the money,
And what the lady's note had said
As her husband lay there sleeping,
She whispered soft and low
Everything's gonna be alright, I love you, Joe

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So don't let the chain of love end with you. If you have been helped in one way or another

.........................................................................

AWSOME!!! It doesn't take money to make someone's day. Your story just made mine!!

.................................................................

You never know when you might be serving "That Special GUEST", there are some of us nice folks left in this world, I have gotten to know many in my life time!

................................................................

That is a great story. It's ashame that everybody in this world isn't like that. If they were, this world would be a much better place to live in. I think that our countries leaders should take a real good lesson from this instead of trying to find out who is more powerful.
Reading this got me thinking of a Christmas song called "Christmas Shoes". It's about a young poor kid wanting to buy his sink, dying mother a pair of shoes for Christmas but, he doesn't have enough money. The singer talks about giving him the remaining amount of money that the child needs to get the shoes.
It's great hearing stories like that.

...................................................................

Another story that comes to mind is the young couple who loved each other so much, but they didn't have money to buy Christmas gifts for each other. She wanted to buy a chain for his watch and he wanted to buy her combs for her hair. She had her hair cut and sold it and bought him the chain and he sold the watch to buy her the combs... Booo hoooo... Fills my heart.

........................................................

OK, I just typed all this an lost my internet connection as I tried to post it! My sister Debra's best friend, who had moved about an hour away, lost her son to an accident. Deb spent the whole day with her and stopped at the grocery store in her area to pick up something for dinner. She went to write a check (no debit cards in those days!) and it was refused because of a bounced check a couple of months before. The bounced check issue had been resolved and she had written checks several times since then, but for some reason, it popped back up in the system. No amount of begging and pleading would make them relent. She noticed a neighbor, who she recognized, but didn't know, a couple of people behind her. If I can recall, she thought this lady to be a little snooty, so it just mortified her all the more to be in that predicament. She got home, emotionally drained from the experience of the day and fell on the couch and cried. Then the doorbell rang and she thought, "Oh no - what now?" Well, you guessed it. It was her neighbor with all of Debra's groceries, and she refused any attempt to pay her back! God is faithful and sends us angels in the most unusual way!

........................................................................

Awsome stories Folks. Wish I could say that I too have seen these acts, But alas I cannot. But I am the guy that went to the grocery store and passed a homeless person outside with his will worl for food, So I went in and bought him a big river boat sub and my other purchases and gave it to him as I walked back by him to my car... A storie Does come to mind about a person that was a Big Nascar star and personally a hero to me because of everything he WORKED for to get where he got. Was driving down the road in NC one day when he seen a kid standing in a church parking lot having a fund raiser. He pulled in and asked the kid what it was for and the child replied to him it was for getting the parkinglot paved for his church. He looked at the lot and sized it up and wrote a check for a few thousand dollars and gave it to the child who by then had recongnized who he was and was all wide eyed. He says to the boy, Here you go son, Don't tell anyone about this please and drove off. Accordingly this is a true storie about Dale Earnhardt Sr.

.....................................................................

Hey, as I posted that last message, I thought of the stories, but we do have to remember, we need to be those angels ourselves! Your reply touched on that. I believe that of Dale Ernhardt (although I don't follow Nascar so I'm not saying that from following his career). My boss (and pastor) had an experience with him when he was a young preacher and did a wedding for someone in his crew. He got to the church early, and who was sitting on the steps, but Dale Ernhardt! Of course, my boss talked to him about Jesus (as he always does) and it was comforting to know that he had a solid relationship with Christ, if not at that time many years ago, but later in life. He used that story in one of his messages after Dale died. Anyway, back to my original thought (what was it???) we just need to be aware of the situations that we can really make a difference in people's lives and grab those opportunities. We are the ones who will be blessed!

......................................................

wow that is so rare now-a-days :) such a nice thing to hear wish I got to see a little of that around here.

....................................................


I read that in the Gastonia Gazzette or the Charlotte paper after he died when I lived 25 minutes from Charlotte in Gastonia NC. Oh how I wish we were still there (sigh)

..................................................

I just thought of a story I would like to share. I used to live in Philadelphia, PA and one night I went to a steak sandwich place around where I used to live, and there was this guy outside asking people for money. The people inside the sandwich shop made this guy a cheesesteak sandwich and gave it to him for free. He took the sandwich never said Thankyou and threw it on the ground yelling "GIVE ME MONEY, I WANT MONEY". I thought that was real nice and great of them to give this guy a sandwich, thinking he was hungry. That goes to show that there are real nice and curtious people in this world and there are also very ungrateful people in this world.

..............................................................

Such wonderful stories. I try to do everything I can to brighten a day for someone. But did anyone ever stop to think about how being rude, unthankful, and unpleasant can also spread in the same way. If everyone stops to think that we make a choice in how to treat others, it could be a very pleasant world. Make the choice to be kind, bring a smile or offer comfort every chance you get. Be of good heart. Fairy Odd Mother @ Once Upon A Find

................................................................

Pass it forward!Keep doing it and you'll more good ones than bad.
........................................................

Ok, Thank you all for making me cry, now maybe I can make you cry! :0) I remember maybe about 12 years ago, there was this lady and her daughter that just moved to the apartment complex that I lived at. I knew she didn't have much, because I worked for the apartment complex too. Anyway, it was right around Christmas when some companies give out those $25 coupons from Giant Food Store as a gift to buy your turkey or ham for Christmas. When I got mine, I picked my Mom up and we headed out to Giant. I told her that I was using this coupon to buy that woman's Christmas Dinner with. I grabbed a shopping cart and started filling it. I had put everything in it that I coud think of for a BIG Turkey Dinner. I also stuck fruits in the cart and the Christmas candy, I wasn't leaving anything out. I had to add a little bit of money to it and then my Mom gave me some money to add to the total. We paid for it and left. Now, this woman lived on the 3rd floor, so I knew my Mom couldn't help me take the groceries up. I would have to make a few trips. I started grabbing bags and headed up to the 3rd floor. I knocked on the door and she looked at me with suprise in her eyes. She invited me in. I sat the bags on the floor (she didn't have hardly any furniture). She cried and kept thanking me. I hugged her and told her not to thank me, but to thank Jesus, because he was the one that laid it on my heart to do this for her. I told her that I would be right back, there was more in the car. I went down and got the rest. I know there was at least 15-20 plastic bags loaded with food, but I did it in 2 trips to the 3rd floor. She was very grateful and thankful. It made my heart all warm and fuzzy inside to be able to help someone that needed it, and to know that Jesus was very pleased with what I had done. ~~~ I Know that when you bless people, you are blessed. I knew that when I would need help, Jesus would send someone to me...

............................................................


So, now FAST FORWARD to about 1 year later~~~~ My husband lost his job, and I was the only one working. I didn't make much money at all, BUT I didn't worry about it either. I knew that God would PROVIDE! I have always had FAITH that no matter what happened, everything would be taken care of. We didn't have a lot of food in the house, but we were going to be ok. I just knew it! One night, there was a knock on the door. I got up and opened the door, and it was my brother and his wife. They had went to the store and bought us some groceries. Not a lot, (they didn't have much either) but it was food. I was so GRATEFUL!! I thanked God for them! Now we had a little more. ~~~~ A few nights later, there was a knock on the door again. I got up and opened the door and low & behold, it was my other brother and his wife (who also didn't have much) standing there with so many bags of groceries in their hands that all I could do was cry! They came in and I kept thanking them. Do you know what they said to me? They told me not to thank them, but to thank God because God wanted them to do it! My own words came back to me!! They also handed me almost $250 to go and buy meats with. They said they didn't know what kind of meats to buy, so I can do that myself. ~~~~ God brought that BLESSING to us, when we really needed it!! God provided for us in our times of trouble! GOD IS AWESOME!! When you sow a seed, regardless of if it's kindness, love, time, money, a ride to the store or anything else, God brings it back to you!! I know because I have lived it and experienced it many times!! It's an awesome thing to do! Help someone who needs it, and when you need help, someone will be there for you too..... night everyone, and God Bless Always...Viv

.......................................................................................

This is a beautiful story. That was very nice of the young man. We hear so many sad stories about young people and see so many of them being rude. This was wonderful. You never know, the lady may not have had any more money until her check came in, whenever. Just think the lesson this may have taught everyone within earshot of the good deed. One kindness can produce many others. Reminds me of a song...Sweet, Sweet Spirit. Certainly was that day. Danna, you are right, the person you turn away could be Jesus himself. I am sure you all have heard the story of the man that wanted to see Jesus and wanted Jesus to spend Christmas Eve with him. Jesus told the man He would be there. The man cleaned and made his best meal to share with the Lord. A while later came a knock at the door. When the door was opened there was a poor beggar asking for a warm meal and a place to sit in front of the fire to warm himself. The man invited him in and fed him, gave him a coat and sent him on his way after he was warm. A while after that another knock at the door. This time a poorly dressed, haggard old woman asking for money. She was invited in and she, too, was fed, given a cloak and some coins. The man was getting upset because he was feeding his wonderful meal to others and he had prepared it or the Lord. Just then, another knock at the door and the man said to himself, this must be Jesus. He opened the door to a dirty little boy crying because it was Christmas Eve and his family had nothing to eat or gifts to give. With a sigh, the man wrapped up all the food, took his own gifts for his family and carried the child home with all of it. When he arrived back in his home he was so upset and crying because he had nothing to give Jesus. He fell asleep with his head on the table when there was a knock at the door. He opened the door and there stood Jesus. Flabbergasted, the man started telling Jesus he had nothing for His meal and was apologizing. Jesus put His arms around the man and said

...........................................................................

I visited you three times and three times you met My needs. I was hungry and you fed Me, I was naked and you clothed Me, I was in prison and you visited Me. Having done this to the least of these you have done unto Me. I may not have the story all there, but that is the gist of it.*************Don't know why it cut off the story there, the counter still had a lot of characters left. Oh, well, the original post was wonderful.

..............................................................................

I love that story , have heard it several times and never get tired of it. How cool is that and also the real live stories people have told. You never know when you can be someone's angel. The key is to be obedient and follow through with that "still small voice" that speaks to us. Unfortunately, we (or I!) let too many opportunities pass us by and then we are left with only regrets.


No comments: