Saturday, October 10, 2009

eBay Blog Post: August 4, 2006

HOT TIP :::: Become a TRADING Assistant ... asap

Hello and TGIF !!

I wanted to encourage all eBay sellers to sign up for the Trading Assistant Program!
It sure opens up new doors of opportunity for your selling future!

I had a man contact me about selling a car for him! A 1946 Ford car ! I do not know a THING about cars, only that it is Burgundy and pretty!! lol OH and it is OLD!
Anyhow, I went to his office and did a photo shoot! He had most of the information already on paper for me so it was pretty easy to copy what he already typed out!
I charged him $60.00 up front, non-refundable which is CHEAP compared to others I have spoken with.
This is more than fair ESPECIALLY since my listing fees were about 52.00.
I should of charged a bit more and I may do that next time!
Anyhow,
We will see how it goes!
The best part is he phoned me up today saying how happy he was with my listing! He said "If that car does not sell, it will NOT be because of my listing"
Made me feel like a million bucks!!!

Now we wait for 10 days and see how it goes! I will get 10% of the sale plus ebay fees!
Saying a prayer all goes smooth!

NOW, I wanted to encourage y'all to become a trading assistant! This is not the first time I have sold something for someone else. And If it was a small item I would charge 25% plus ebay fees. UNLESS you are a FAMILY MEMBER .........

ALL FAMILY MEMBERS ARE 50/50!! ;)

...................... comments left

lol wish it was that easy living in the middle of no-where, mabye I'll put up some fliers in some local stores. Never know what might pop up. ~kris

..............................................

I recently gave a free class on selling art on ebay via a local art store and had an older women ask me if I'd be interested in selling her art for her. I don't know, I'd hate to have the responsibility for someone else's stuff! (my mother's stuff excluded because she's always asking me to resell something she bought but didn't like lol!)

..................................................

Isn't there requirements to beable to do this?
.........................................

Danna --- Great Positive Energy ---- WOW --- keep up the enthusiasm ---- I am a trading partner and love love love doing it.

..............................................

I've been reading Ron Mansfield's book on becoming a TA, and I can't emphasize the importance of research to know how to best serve your customers while also protecting your own interests.
Can hardly wait for the book I ordered on how to use tax loopholes for your eBay business. But all the reading I've done lately strongly suggests using various media in your community to promote sales and make people aware of your services. I like the free class idea. I'd have some reference books on hand to sell at the end of the class.

...........................................

Dana; Great Job on that listing and it is a beautiful car. I just had my 17 year old son come in to look at it.

....................................................

When I get back from Wisconsin, I'm going to do the TA thing in my community. So far, I have no competition for over 30 miles, which in this country is like an hour drive or more. Just recently finished selling 14 items, so I've met all my requirements. Stay in touch!

..................................................

Oof--one other thing. I think to sell a car for someone else requires you to be have a dealers license in your state. The way to get around that would be to put the ad together and charge a fee, but list it under the owner's name. Without a dealers license, you can only sell your own personal vehicle. Correct me if I'm wrong.

...............................................

In some states, the dealer's license is required if you sell more than X number of cars (e.g., 3) in a 12 month period

.................................................

So you need to check what your state requires. And what eBay requires. Its a little more complicated than selling a lampshade.
.....................................

I think there also consignment agreements you can download as well. I would hate for someone get in legal trouble for selling something stolen or the lamp to the lamp shade that burns someone house down

No comments: