Saturday, October 10, 2009

eBay Blog Post: August 9, 2006

My Heart Belongs To Daddy ...........

Just in a mood to vent................... and this seemed to be the place to do it .....

My father passed away May 6, 2004 and the pain is not as often but it still hurts as much as it did on that day he went home to be with the Lord.

I find myself just roaming about, in my little world and then POOF ........... hits me like a ton of bricks ....... missing him .....
I woke up from a dream of him holding my hand and telling me things are going to be ok ......

Wondering, what is it that's going to be OK ???
My life?? My pain?? My eBay Sales??

As an only child and growing up with a Dad that showed more love for any child than it is possible for any dad to do ....... Now I hunger for that love so many times that it hurts as much as missing his smile .......

I miss him watching my eBay auctions ...... Sounds stupid but he would CHEER me on with my auctions and comment about a GREAT SALE or a GREAT Listing ......... He was proud of how far I had come in eBay land .................

He would brag about me selling JUNK on eBay, being a single mom and paying the electric and all my bills with JUNK I found at a garage sale .......... He loved to see me turn pennies into mortgage payments ................ He would laugh about the dumpster dive I did when Mrs. Jones next door cleaned out her house and I made enough from her TRASH to last me for a 3 months of bills ....................

I miss him not emailing me or sending me an instant message ............ I miss his praise and his love and his simple phone calls ...........

What could my early morning dream mean?
Daddy holding my hand ......
the peace was beautiful and still my heart breaks ........ Why?

Because my heart ONLY belongs to Daddy ..................... Even a broken heart ..

............ comments left:

Danna go to dreammoods.com and look up the meaning of your dream : )

......................................................

HUGS and keep those memories fresh of you and your dad and he will remain with you forecer sweetie :)

...........................................

Very sad and touching Danna. Something most of us will have to bear at some point of our lives. My wonderful parents are 87 and 89. My mother will have her 90th birthday just about the time of their 70th anniversary. My 3 sisters and I are trying to prepare ourselves for what's around the corner. You are so blessed to have had such a strong support and influence in your life. Your dream, I think, is simply a manifestation of your deep love and affection for your dad, and dredged up once again the feeling of loss. I pray that God lifts you up in a very special way today and replaces your sad thoughts with good memories and warm feelings for the great time you had with your dad. He'll do that for you! God bless

......................................................
Danna:
Thanks for the hug Bratz!!! And Barb you are indeed blessed ...... EVERYONE treasure every second with your family ......... Never know when it will end, just never know .. My dad was only 61 and he was hit with cancer .. we went through 1 1/2 years of pain knowing he was going to go .... And it was accepted and he kissed me seconds before he passed .......... It was a beautiful passing, I feel death is as beautiful as birth because of being a part of all that ....... BUT its amazing at the pain that surfaces ...... just walking about , or on a drive or at the grocery store, POOF POOF, i fall apart just OUT OF THE BLUE ....... from a smell or the look of something familiar ... Lord only knows and I have to keep telling myself, THIS IS TEMPORARY ..... we WILL be together again .......

...................................................................

Hi. Just saw your posting. A couple of things:

My dad passed away on June 30, just a month and a half ago. Be thankful for the times you had with your dad. Cherish the memories.

A few years ago, my dad and I were talking about HIS dad and mom. And somehow their deaths came up (they died back in the 60's) and then my dad said this: "Soon after my mother passed away, I had a dream. And my dad and mom were both in the dream but they looked young - younger than I remember them. and they looked so happy and they said to me, 'everything's ok...we are ok...' and then I woke up." and my dad said he felt such a peace about his mother's death after that dream....

One other thing..... My wife's mother passed away a few years ago. And my wife testifies that the next night (after her passing) - all night long - she felt her mother holding her hand.....it was very real, she says...

God uses dreams and things like that to give us help, comfort, understanding.....

God bless you and I am sure He is giving you help right now....

David

..........................................................................

My dad passed away Jan. 28th 1998. I still miss him like it was yesterday. His ways, things he used to say, the way he used to say it. Cancer consumed his body, and he didn`t want to go thru chemo, which was his choice. He was a kind, humble man. If he couldn`t say anything good about someone he said nothing at all. Danna you will always have a void in your heart, but rest assured your dad is still with you everyday. He watches over you in a way like a guardian angel. When you feel him there...... he is. God bless you. David you are in my prayers too :)

.......................................................

danna
Thanks very Much David and Noelles, you have NO IDEA how you just touched me and I greatly appreciate it!! God even uses eBay to touch others!! JUST AWESOME!!!!!!! :-)
Aug-09-06 17:42:24 PDT

No comments: